Here, There be a Writer

Friday, April 18, 2014

Day #18 - Ruba'is and Pierogies



Today's poem, a Ruba'i. A Persian poem style made popular by Robert Frost's poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening".

Within Nature’s Cathedral

In the sunshine, where I sometimes walk
in the open sky, there sometimes flies a hawk.
It seems I am the only one to pass this way
And take in the sights at which I gawk.

Over the trails and down the deep chasms
To the farthest woodsy columns--
The tallest pines, like sentinels stand
Guard in some ancient earthen museums.

It is quiet here with birdsong and cricket’s trill
When one stands in between the trees, very still
You can almost hear the sound of time itself
Playing its music until

The very end of existence.
When after all this time, I can find my penance
From the very long days that I have traveled
For this moment seeking my own transience.

6:33 pm


P is for Polish Foods: I am half Polish and grew up on these two dishes. I keep swearing that I will make homemade versions of each of these dishes. Maybe after the Tempest is over. They are all day cooking, or at least I remember them by all day cooking. But as a kid anything more than 30 minutes was long! Am I right, Dear Readers. Also, the Veggie Tales (which I am not normally a fan of did a fantastic holiday song about Polish Foods: 8 Polish Xmas Foods. It's not everyday that you hear a song featuring Pierogies and Gwumpkies. 

As always, have a great day; it's the weekend and I have a show tomorrow.  Be good to each others, Dear Readers! To you I send out my love and determination. I believe in each and every one of you!! Photos are complements of Morgue File (a free public photo use site).
Pierogi

Golumpki (Gwumpki)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: