Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #10: (dancing on air)

Word Prompts: Euphoric, Dance, In the clouds, Delight, Joy

Poetic Form: Con-Verse; rhyme scheme as aa,bb,cc,dd,ee / meter as 7,7,8,8,9,9,10,10,11,11

Second Feud

In a moment I forgot 
of time, all that I was taught.

That when you acquire some joy
that time becomes a jester's ploy.

Stealing moments away in delight
like a ravenous dragon to fight.

Because a euphoric love came to play
and time was left, of course to run away.

A mocking poem about how the feelings and time can be at odds. Can you see what I do with that? Who are my characters in this poem? What do you think, Dear Readers? This form is a rhymed and metered form, which is a challenge, because I have to have rhymer.com, dictionary.com, and count EVERY lines syllables. 'Twas a bit o' work, but methinks it indeed worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: