Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, October 7, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #7: (unsent letters)

I don't have it in me to write serious today. The simple fact is the world is shit right now. We have to figure out how to fix it, and because of the face, i don't want to think to heavily. I will say, PLEASE REGISTER TO VOTE, and PLEASE GO VOTE on NOVEMBER 6th (in the United States, I mean).

Okay, with that being said (I promised myself I will do my part for this year's election), now is the time to write all those unsent letters in my head. That is probably is a really long list and I am tired today, so I will stick to the most important of letters to write. This letter is written in haiku. A simple three line poem with a metered form of 5, 7, 5; usually with a humorous or inspirational intent. i am still learning the fine art of the humorous haiku.

Today I present something that I know is so terrible important for many of us. Something that I think people are afraid to talk about. I'll be the first. Please leave me a comment on your thoughts about this serious topic. Enjoy, Dear Readers.

















Upon  a Shelf

Dear Lay Potato Chips,

Why is there always
a pocket of air in your bags
the size of a state?

Sincerely,
Chip Muncher

4 comments:

  1. The consumer is taken for a ride for that bout of air. Nice one Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just needed to vent about that, and have a bit of fun with it too. :-)

      Delete
  2. LOL. You're right. Serious stuff indeed! But if it wasn't for that little blob of air, all we would have in the chip bag is crumbs. No chips. Just crumbs. Let that sink in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, to be fair, you are right. But, maybe make the air pocket a wee bit smaller. Maybe? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: