Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #2: (Sing)

Word Prompts: sing, redrafts, practice, scribbles, loving

Poetic Form: Tanka or Cinquain

A Tanka is a metered poem, following the style of the haiku, but adding two 7 syllable lines after the standard haiku (5/7/5/7/7). I wasn't really inspired to write a poem with this until I watch a video, randomly, mind  you, of Jim Henson's colleagues singing his favourite songs at his memorial. The one song that stood out was "Just One Person". The words are simple, but the message is strong, and after this past month, it was a solid reminder that I do have believe who believe in me. "If just one person believes in you, deep enough and strong enough, believes in you, hard enough and long enough, before you know it...two whole people believe in you..." May I present my offering to the to goddess and muse, Erato, of the Lyric Poetry.

That One Moment

Singular moment--
when the swelling bridge begins
and there are no words,
your heart knows what it's doing,
"If just one person believes..."

There is not much more to say, Dear Readers. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: