Here, There be a Writer

Monday, October 15, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #15: (umbrella)

Word Prompts: umbrella, shield, shelter, cover, protection

Poetic Form: free verse

I am going to let the poem speak for itself.

It is dedicated to those who struggle (myself included), whether with umbrellas or with life. If you struggle just know that someone will catch you.

Don't forget to ALWAYS be kind, because someone, somewhere is always struggling with something.

Melting

I don't want to get wet.
It melts what is left
and I can't afford a new one.

What is left 
is all I have to work with
and I am lost amongst the raindrops.

Struggle with my umbrella,
as the rain falls down,
blurring salt tears and rain.

Broken as my umbrella appears to be
I need shelter before;
I cannot keep the rain out.

1 comment:

Leave me a note: