Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #23: (see me)

Suggested Poetic Form: Haibun

A poem that uses prose blended with a haiku to tell a story about the subject matter. I was surprised by how easy it was to connect the two forms. Might actually be a new favourite. I need to experiment with the form some more, I think it lends itself to storytelling. I can see haibuns used in stories to help make a point.

Word Prompts: beneath, uncover, clear, unspoken, truth

Something in this month is leading me to deeper personal truths and some growth. I like to keep a bit secret, so I won't explain it, but let you see what you can devise. I would love a comment or two about what today's poetic fodder means, Dear Reader. I like to spark discussion, so have at it.

This is my course correction!

Course Correction

There is a certain sadness when the song come on the radio. Clear melody echoing around me. This reminds me of the obvious truth; slowly turning the dial; the apartment fills up with silence. It has been a  long time since I walked this hallway, which is normally filled with noise.  Today, it is  different. With the radio finally silent, I slowly step into  the hallway; footsteps echoed deep as I finally reach the door. It is not  locked.

The farthest distance--
never traveled in the noise
now, ready to leave.

2 comments:

  1. The image of the room filling up with silence was very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank you. I was pretty proud of this one, and it is really fun to write, Sam. I love writing haiku anyway, so I was halfway there. :-)

      Delete

Leave me a note: