Here, There be a Writer

Thursday, October 25, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #25: (door goes both ways)

Word Prompts: both ways, open, in and out, chances, giving, receiving

Suggest poetic form: A Triquain; poetic form used: A Double Tetractys

Tetractys consists of at least 5 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 syllables (total of 20). Tetractys can be written with more than one  verse, but must follow suit with an inverted syllable count. Tetractys can also
be reversed and written 10, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Double Tetractys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 10, 4, 3, 2, 1

Triple Tetractys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 10, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 10


I am super happy with how this one turned out. The downside, is I used a tetractys instead of a triquain. Oh well, maybe next time! I love the flow of the form, and the syllables action lends itself to a lot of possibilities.

Chasing Chances

Here--
chances
floating up,
dizzying like
multi-coloured balloons loose in the wind,
and suddenly my childhood coming back
find me chasing
chances as
you do,
There.

1 comment:

  1. I love the middle lines...I can see childhood in there. Love the form as well! Well done, poet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: