Here, There be a Writer

Saturday, October 20, 2018

OctPoWriMo Day #20: (time stand still)

Word Prompts: moment, hours, minutes, clock, hourglass, future, past, present, chronology

Poetic Form: Loop Poetry. No  restrictions on the number of stanzas nor on the syllable count for each line. In each stanza, the last word of the first line becomes  the first word of line two, last word of line 2 becomes the first  word of line 3, last word of line 3 becomes the first word of line
4. This is followed for each stanza. The rhyme scheme is abcb.

My fancination with time is apparent and loop poetry is fun, especially at 11:56 pm. Enjoy, Dear Readers!

Clock Ambitions

Minutes ticks by
By my reckoning the past has
Has long past me by
By yours, you've barely noticed whereas;

A moment will pass--
pass me the future that I want,
want to give it a try,
try to make something nonchalant.

So, in the present I stay,
stay where I am safe anyhow
safe from the future that comes
comes at the moment presented now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: