Here, There be a Writer

Monday, October 23, 2017

OctPoWriMo - Day 23 Iris and Arke (Arke's Bow)

Writing Prompt: Iris and Arke, the rainbow sisters, both are messengers of the gods. Arke was the muted second rainbow who betrayed her sister and became the messenger of the Titans in the battle of the gods. She was banished to Tartarus after the Zeus and the others gods won.

Think about messengers, and even use the story of Iris and Arke if you want. How do you think those sisters were feeling? What really made Arke leave? What was the message?

Poetic Form: Nonet

Arke's Bow 

We speak in colours arching skyward
and I can feel over shadowed
when my sister speaks in bow--
the language of our kind.
No matter how loud
I try to speak,
I'm muted--
colours,
blur.

cheriedurbin from MorgueFile

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I have fun with this one. I'm a Greek mythology nerd to the core. :-)

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, the personification of Arke works well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this works. I love how the picture matches the feel of the poem. My favorite line is No matter how loud I try to speak, I'm muted."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a true line, and one of divine brilliance when I wrote it. :-) I have a thing for rainbows too!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. "We speak in colours arching skyward" Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: