Here, There be a Writer

Monday, October 30, 2017

OctPoWriMo - Day 29 - Breathtaking (Dangerous View)

Today's Prompt: Breathtaking

All I can say about this day's prompt is think story time, Dear Readers. I played with images from fairy tales while concocting the premise of the poem, and then built a story around it, as a villanelle.

It helps to write a villanelle if I have a basic story already in my head, Dear Readers. I think i comes from the rhyming, it's much easier the rhyme if you are telling a story. At least for me it is.

Dear Readers, tell me what dangerous views you have seen on your life's adventures, and leave me some love. Enjoy!

FaFulanita from MorgueFile

Dangerous View

A brush with danger
shining ever so bright
with a petulant ardor

that gives you closure
for the gallant errant knight receives--
a brush with danger.

A challenge made fonder
that you must have to write
with a petulant ardor

of a full night of lunar
preparations for a fight,
a brush with danger.

There is none indeed nobler
in justice and of right
with a petulant ardor--

a lover of pleasure
that somehow might
greet a brush with danger
with a petulant ardor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: