Here, There be a Writer

Saturday, October 21, 2017

OctPoWriMo - Day 20 - Desires (Anatomy of a Kiss)

A day behind, but the topic is worth it. I don't regret anything, because a kiss is worth it.


Word Prompts: first love/first kiss/first time, hunger/thirst, craving, yearning, wanting

Anatomy of a Kiss

Somewhere between 
hunger
and 
thirst,
love is like that,
never satisfied
with a kiss
that'll last for less than thirty seconds,
but feel like a million and one years.

Tasting like, 
honeysuckle,
cinnamon,
or raspberries,
maybe even cheesecake.
I never want to give it up.

A joyous outburst,
that won't be contained,
and why would you want it,
when flying is so much more.
Above the trees,
the clouds,
the stratosphere.

Breathing in,
breathing out,
I don't even care,
wet on warm,
breathe into me,
out of me--
one half of a whole.

Clarita from MorgueFile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: