Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 11: Spirited She (Lively / Pantoums)

Prompt: Lively/ Word Prompts: spirited, gutsy, determined, feisty, zealous  (Poetic Form - Pantoum)

I always come back to the pantoum. It's a song-like form, with its repetition and their something smoothing in the repetition. I can take pretty much any topic and write a pantoum. Hell, I want to do a month long challenge of pantoums now. I am such a poetry geek, Dear Readers.

This poem was inspired by my choice to life a deliberate life and face my fears. I remember being unafraid of a lot things, but as I grew older I started to become more afraid. Of course, I will always be afraid of centipedes and have a healthy respect for heights. But now I am going to face my fears, s of which include getting my children's book published, write a full stage play, and get at least one short story (hopefully more) published somewhere.

Today's poem is to inspire youm Dear Readers to find the lively with you and to not be afraid to be that, whatever it is!

from MorgueFile
Lively - Stimulating and invigorating: a lively breeze (one of many definitions)


Spirited She

Be fleet of spirit, she danced  down halls
unafraid of being feisty she was
this was who she was,
a force to be reckoned with.

Unafraid of being feisty she was,
yet still shy and unassuming--
a force to be reckoned with
though she did not know it.

Yet still shy and unassuming--
a test she had to pass
though she did not know it,
as she continued along her path.

A test she had to pass
with questions drawn from everywhere
as she continued along her path
taking with her knowledge gathered.

With questions drawn from everywhere--
tears  she cried and laughter sprang,
taking with her knowledge gathered
to fight battles much larger than she.

Tears she cried and laughter sprang,
A new determination grew
to fight battles much larger than she
and now afraid to reveal her lively nature.

A new determination grew,
squashed the fears so rightly grown
and now afraid to reveal her lively nature,
she knew she had to at long last

squashed the fears so rightly grown,
this was who she was.
She knew she had to at long last
Be fleet of spirit, she danced  down halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: