Here, There be a Writer

Monday, October 12, 2020

OctPoWriMo: Days 11 and 12

OctPoWriMo 


Day 11 - Prompt: Letter to my Muse / Poetic Form: Didactic Poem

Letter to My Muse


Dear Muse,

Write--

grant me the words

to compose the sonnets

that graces my loves ears.


Create--

something out of nothing,

you know the drill,

with pen and paper

out down the needed script.


Birth--

with labour pains no one else gets

contractions of nouns and verbs

breaths of adjectives

to still even the jauntiest of adverbs.


Make something--

that didn't exist before

something that a writer

can be proud of.


Sincerely,

A Writer


Day 12 -  Prompt: Silliness / Poetic Form: Haiku (I am not too keen on the forms today, so I am doing an old standby favourite)


Post Office Steps


Remember the steps

The sound I made when I fell down--

that's right, you're laughing.


Been having trouble staying on task this month, and I am a little disappointed that I not not trying more forms. It is still early, maybe I can make something of it by mid month. Or maybe I need to aim my focus on a bit of spoopy Halloween goodness? Maybe a bit of both? I am not sure. It feels that when I get a foothold on something stable, well then the carpet gets pulled out from under me. It is all a long story, nothing to bore you with. I have been struggling, pretty hardcore this month. I do like some of my output, just feeling like I am not giving it a complete chance.

Do you ever feel like that, Dear Readers? Leave me a comment, and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: