Here, There be a Writer

Friday, October 16, 2020

OctPoWriMo: Day 15 and 16

OctPoWriMo

Day 15 - I decided to go back a bit to  the pantoum which was suggested on Day 13 and brainstorm using the steps in today's prompt.

Step 1: Dealing with my day job (which is different than my real job)

Step 2: College, Post College (your 30s), the After (40s); The Faceless Old Woman who Secretly Lives in Your Home" Fink and Cranor; Pinky finger, Middle toe, and Middle of your back

Step 3: Upon reading "The Faceless Old Woman..." I discovered a tickle in the middle of my back. It would only happen when I would read. I didn't notice it until I was pointing my pinky finger at the word Andre, and then my flexing my middle toe. The tickle would grow until I had to put the book down. I then felt alone and desired the book in my hands once again...

Prompt: See above ^^^^ / Poetic Form: Pantoum

Sensing


I seek an escape from the daily

when I can no longer deal with the repetition

and my fingers begin to itch for

the printed paper and feel the velvet of the cover.


When I can longer deal with the repetition

I crack open the spine to see

the printed paper and feel the velvet of the cover

and there it was, in the middle of my back.


I crack open the spine to see

the name Andre, just above my pinky finger

and there it was...in the middle of my back

a gently tickle racing along


the name Andre, just above my pinky finger

and I am stretching my feet, my toes--

a gently tickle racing along 

my spine, I drop my book.


And I am stretching my feet, my toes

watching the book tented on my bed,

my spine, I drop my book

I feel so very alone.


Watching the book tented on my bed 

and my fingers begin to itch for...

I feel so very alone--

I seek an escape from the daily.


This is what Night Vale does to me! I actually had a lot of fun writing this poem. The exercises were more helpful than I originally thought. I am pretty pleased.

Day 16 - This one is simple, simple because I will it to be so. Also, due to to lateness of the hour I am finding it difficult to want to attempt to rhyme. Speaking of 'Lateness of the Hour' which is a Twilight Zone episode, I think I will use that in my prompt too.

Prompt: Indigo, Vermillion, Dusk, "The Lateness of the Hour" / Poetic Form: Haiku

Hungry?


When long past the hour

and the skies turned tangerine--

dusk is fruit salad


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: