Here, There be a Writer

Thursday, October 1, 2020

OctPoWriMo Day 1: Shine your light!

It's been a while since I blogged here, either for poetry or think pieces. In some ways I am a little afraid to start back up with blogging. There was so much of me that I found, and maybe a little that I lost in this blog. 2020 has not been an easy year. 

I don't know where to start, to be honest I haven't felt inspired to blog. In some ways it was very easy to let my little corner of the blog-o-sphere just disappear. But...I do miss sharing my words, especially since today is the first day of OctPoWriMo 2020, the month long poetry challenge. I miss challenging myself to write something different everyday, sometimes even something that I haven't written about or in the style of. Poetry is definitely a love / hate relationship, but I like now is a good time to return to the blog-o-sphere and "Here, There be a Writer", maybe a revamp, while returning to something that even when I hated it. Okay, hate is a strong word, maybe it is more of a temporary disinterest in poems and poetry.



OctPoWriMo seems like a good way to explore my feelings on blogging and maybe, FINALLY, decide what I want to do with this place. This haven of words and ideas.

Shine your light! That is today's topic. 

So, I guess I shine...like the cute little star that I am. 

Today's poetic style is an Acrostic poem. It is easy to explain, but probably hard to write. I am going try it. Topic: Bright. What is bright? A star is bright. A supernova is bright. Okay....

Supernova

Sudden is the explode, even after eons of waiting

Understanding that is only the beginning

Puzzling out the why and the how

Especially to those scientists of the stars

Reaching their own light up to understand others

Now it may not seem unimportant to you

Over your social media feeds, but there is something

Vital in reaching out your light

And extending your hand to another.

~~~~~

10/1/2020 -- 2:31 pm EST

Leave me a comment, send out you light, shine your brightest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: