Here, There be a Writer

Monday, October 19, 2020

OctPoWriMo: Day 19

 I am having keyboard issues tonight. It is a good thing that I have a touch screen keyboard as well as a regular one. Although this does make things harder. Oh well, that is what adaptability is for, right?

I'm not feeling adaptable today. I don't even feel like I have the words to say anything, let alone poetry. I am still going to try, stubborn though I am. I wanted to write a synchronicity, but I just don't even know. Looking at today's prompt about being in the present, I don't want to be in the present. The present is less appealing then I would like.

My thoughts are filled with a dark and stale air today. I feel overwhelmed. Not sure what was going to happen next. Now it is the evening and I should be winding down, but all that I can focus on are these dark thoughts. I wish I could just scoop out the dark thoughts, the negative, but they just seem to want to stick to me. 

I don't like using OctPoWriMo for venting, but maybe this is the key to writing today's poem.

Prompt: Stale, Dark, Fog, Blind / Poetic Form: Free Verse

Foggy Visions


Cannot see far,

fog bank has rolled in.

So much easier

When you don't have to see anything

and there is less danger,

less fear

in being blind to the present,

only comfort--

knowing there is nothing else around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: