Here, There be a Writer

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Terzanelle: Into a Neil Story

Since I am such a Neil Gaiman fan and today's prompt is to write a terzanelle. I thought that I would write about the world that Neil creates. This fantastical and ethereal world that are usually tinted greys and nothing is quite the same as the real world.


Today is N for Neil Gaiman

Poetic Style: Terzanelle

Topic: Neil Gaiman's Worlds

Into a Neil Story

Dropped into a story one day
after I had fallen into repose,
the world as I knew it tinted grey.

Where rules followed laws make up in prose
everything looked quite similar
after I had fallen into repose.

I only had a moment before I saw her
standing there much like a plot device
and everything looked quite similar.

She looked at me and then twice
reaching for my hand slowly
standing there much like a plot device.

She thus said, "Take my hand and let us flee,
past the old castle ways and below..."
reaching for my hand slowly.

And I am running for my life through
and past the old castle ways and below.
Dropped into a story one day
the world as I knew it tinted grey.

1 comment:

Leave me a note: