Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Home from work Wednesday

So today, I started my day with Tonsillitis. Yup. I haven;t had tonsillitis since I was much younger than I am now. But this would explain the tiredness I have been experiencing, that no amount of sleep seems to fix, that and the feeling I swallowed a couple of cotton balls.

I remember getting sick a lot growing up and having swollen glands A LOT. I wondered why they never took out my tonsils if I was always getting sick. Makes one wish they could just go and get their tonsils out, but I don't really have the extra money, even with insurance for something like that. The good thing about this is that drinking slushies/icees/slurpees are great medical therapy. It's kind of funny, because the main joke of "Zombeo and Juliet" was that Zombies and Zombie Hunters loved drinking slushies. Funny!

Now, I have 5 days Z-Pac therapy and resting at home. The day job involves talking on the phone and with my voice feeling as cruddy as it has been since Monday, I had to take the day off. Been drinking lots of fluids both hot and cold and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. But, now's the time to get to work.

This week I have been writing, not anything specific, but just writing. I stockpiled a bunch of writing prompts from ealier in the year. I want to at least writing as close to every day, either on WIP or on free thought writing exercises. I thought this would be a good way to get me to write consistently, especially when not writing for things like NaNoWriMo. I have a page and a half about a moment that some friends told me about. Cow wrangling her step-father's loose cows. Maybe I can get a story out of it. Or not, but the imagery from her story about wrangling these cows in the middle of the night was one I could not pass up.

Also, I have submitted another set of poems to an online journal. That makes two submissions in less than a week. Granted, I won't know the outcome for a few weeks, but it's quite exciting. It's very similar to auditioning for a play/musical. The hurry up and wait syndrome! Check out Work to a Calm and CSHS.

Tarzan has started up, so my duties as the Producer has begun. A lot of it is being present and collect receipts and forms and monies, but I also get to watch a show come together, take pictures for record, and help out in anyway I can. But, not much else going on. It been quiet lately. The second of the improv shows on the 2014 season goes up next week, but that's cake. Improv rehearsal tomorrow and then Memorial Day Weekend in Fredonia. I am glad that it's been a slower week, being sick doesn't help, but having the time to rest and re-coup has helped.

I know what goals I want to work on next. I want to write regular blogs again; to find something to research and/or comment on. I miss that. Prior to starting A Round of Words, I blogged a lot more about specifics. I need to return to that. I have a list, should revisit that.

I will continue writing and reading, and being a theatre nerd! Dear Readers, have a blessed week, and a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend. Check out my fellow bloggers/writers at the Blog Hop. What is your favourite warm weather, summertime activity? Mine, Dear Readers is being out in the sunshine, whether reading on a blanket on the lawn, under a tree, hiking, going to the beach, or just going to a walk, anything in the sunshine is my favourite. Have a sunshine haiku!

Sun fingers trailing
Across the blue and white skies
This is a good day.

For sitting in the
Sunshine, with no cares in the
World, that is the now.

But the lawn is wet
After the rains have past through
Leaving ideas

To wither like worms
drying upon the hot bricks
after the rainstorms.

2 comments:

  1. Something about watching Buffy when one feels under the weather. It's been my video "comfort food" more than I'd like to admit.

    Sounds like you're on the mend... slowly. Z-Pacs are ... well, I'd rather a run of those than Erythromyicin (sp?). Get better soon.

    Congrats on the submissions. I hear you about the whole blogging schedule thing. I wish I had a suggestion that could help, but... best I can think of is to add either a theme to your check-ins or do a daily feature. Play around with it. I'm sure you'll find a pattern that works for you, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick days are no fun. At least you get to watch fun TV ( and take i can only imagine are awful drugs. Z-Pac sounds like something out of a Zombie movie, though I probably wouldn't have thought of that without your zombie reference). Hope you feel better soon.
    Congrats on your submissions. Hope they are accepted. Wonderful that you can free write like that. I tend to want to build a story out of every idea and end up distracting me from the projects I actually want to finish. Even still I know it is good practice.
    Enjoy your sunshine, slushies and Buffy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: