Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pit of Doom and climbing out again...

I am a bad writer. I didn't post a regular blog on Monday or Tuesday! I am sorry, Dear Readers. I said I was going to, and then I didn't. I feel horrible.

But..........

I have some better news. I wrote a story on Sunday, a full and complete story. It's called "Road Trip" (a tentative title right now). This story is a bit over 3200 words and still need review and revision. But, I always feel so good when I finish a piece of work, either story or blog. Here's a little snippet that I am pleased with.


Oblivious to the lack of enthusiasm on Marcie’s part, the blonde turns back the road, “This is going to be great.” She goes to turn the radio on; there is a burst of static and then nothing. “Damn, I wish Daddy would just get me a brand new car.” The blond balls her fist and give the dash a thud, causing the radio to burst alive with music, but to kill the dash control, as her speed now registered 120 mph and the gas gauge on empty. “Really? This is a thorough pain in the ass. I mean, Bonnie has a brand new Mercedes, and Marcus has his new Hummer, but I get Daddy’s old relic that is a piece of SHIT,” she shouts at the car. She balls her left fist and thunks the dash console. The dash comes alive. “There, see? No problem, right, Marcie.” She looks over at Marcie, who is mostly hanging out of the window, silently mouthing something.

Also, this week, I have finished "Lirael" and started "Abhorsen". Also looking at what series I am going to pick up post "Abhorsen Trilogy". Maybe finally read "Wicked" or Hugh Laurie's "The Gunseller", or maybe start Margaret Atwood's "MaddAddam Series". So, many books! ALL TEH BOOKS!!! Or, Dear Readers, what are your suggestions for summer reading (or in general)?

I have not visited fellow bloggers, but am going to start tonight to visit at least 3. Better late than never, right, Dear Readers? And from this point I will visit fellow bloggers. I am coming off of a weird week, weird last night. It might have to do with the rough news in the world the past few days, or I was just moody. I do get that way sometimes. I have to pull myself up and out of my Pit of DOOM (my own words), usually with music, improv/theatre, or writing. I am feeling better, so I think I am on the mend.

I had improv rehearsal tonight, and it was totally what I needed. Something about watching the little known facts about the War of 1812 using a bra as sling shots with thumb tacks and bowie knives; or catching Loose Lips Lenny in the Police Showers; or asking questions at the armory about the new bop-it mace. Oh, the things that come out of improv! If you know what "Whose Line is it Anyway?" is, that is what we do.

I have been fighting with the Muse lately, she has left me for someone else. I have been trying to coax her back with everything from cookies to promises of devotion. Susan Werner says it best about Mistress Muse. She only loves you when you are struggling and love her alone. Once you find success, she will leave you for someone who appreciates her more than you did.


Remember to go and visit the Blog Hop, see the hard work of my fellow AROW80-ers, Dear Readers. I am looking into an interview with VCRfromHeck and some small reviews of "Ben and Me" and "Willie the Operatic Whale", part of the Disney 's Mini Classic collections, also a forthcoming review of "The Hunger Games" book versus movie.

There is also a bit of summer left that I plan to enjoy and share with you all. Have an amazing rest of the week, Dear Readers. I have a request, I want to write some but I need some topic. I am not sure what I want to write, but I need your help, Dear Readers. I need topics. Everything and anything. Leave me topic and some love, and I'll see you around the interwebs.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get your muse back soon! Maybe you can coax her back with chocolate....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, I found a website a couple of days ago where you can sign up for writing prompts to be delivered to your inbox. rebeccatdickson dot com and you can sign up for her Wordsparks in the right sidebar. Maybe this might entice back the muse?
    I hope you have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,

      I will definitely check it out. Thanks for stopping by.

      ~Cindy

      Delete

Leave me a note: