Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mid Week Check-in Thoughts

I did stuff in the day and a half since my first post. Maybe not a lot, but I did do stuff. Between my producer duties for KLP's Tarzan and my Improv troupe, I have to make use of what time I do have. Life of a theatre nerd, I suppose!

This will be a short check-in.

Since Sunday/Monday:
*Been reading "Sabriel". 300 plus pages in and making good time. I love this series, but it's different than most YA sci-fi/fantasy. Planning on finishing the book this week and begin "Lirael" the second in the series.

*Been writing in spurts this week. I posted a blog featuring a re-write of the classic Greek myth of the chained maiden, Andromeda. I have had a request to re-write the myth of Apollo. Looks like I have some writing to do this week, in between rehearsal and interviews and work (Oh my!). I also edited the short version of the myth, discovering that the story might make a good short (longer story) or maybe a novel.

*This past weekend involved a lot of walking, Saturday was the Fireman's Parade and then walking around Avon's Flea Markets. Some good exercise, and found some neat treasures. I am hoping to continue that trend into the weekend. We bought a small charcoal grill for the 4th and grill burger and corn on the cob. Enjoying the nice weather, except when raining and with the humidity it's been awfully warm.

*Visited 3 blogs today (Wednesday), need amend my goal to visit at least 3 to 5 blogs a day. I have noticed my fellow writers and bloggers have this same goal. So, I am going to try to follow this as well.

That which have no been started:
*My lonely WIPs need attending to. I am hoping to spend sometime this weekend writing and editing.

*Nothing new submitted this week. I am hoping to return to submitting.

There is not a lot to report on. Feeling more productive after the long weekend. Sometimes it's good to goof off, but I love finding my flow and my purpose again. Dear Readers, have a fantastic week! Go and check out the Blog Hop for A Round of Words in 80 Days.

4 comments:

  1. You've made great progress so far, keep it up!

    I love Garth Nix's books, I have all three and I just keep rereading them. The next two, Lirael and Abhorsen will blow your mind I can promise you that. Also I'd recommend reading his short stories too, some feature the world of Sabriel but even the ones that don't are still really entertaining. I'd wait until you've read the three novels before looking at those because *SPOILERS* happen a lot in the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read them back 2009ish. I have forgotten a few of the details, but am enjoying them more more than back in 2009. I didn't know there were short stories. Thanks for the tip, Nicole! :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great start to the Round. I haven't heard of Sabriel, but it sounds right up my alley. I'll be looking into it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: