Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

It's October!

October is s time of many challenges and I had a lot of fun with the writing and drawing that I am going to do it again. 

There is Inktober, Writober, OctOiWriMo, and the Halloween Photography challenge. Inktober is very common and easy to find by way of Google, but the others have to be found through Experience Writing, a delightful blog that features prompts for these challenges. OctOiWriMo used to be a major event, but in the last couple of years life has interrupted the regular moderators, so Experience Writing has taken on the mantle. Please check out her blog for all things writing and creative. 

Inktober - Day 1 (backpack) 
Comic Book style and for each prompt I will add to the story.

Let's start with today's OctOiWriMo poem, a quadrille, which is a 44 word poem. The prompt for today is "urgency of moments of nothingness". And go...

Puppet Strings

Tied to...
The clock, 
Ticking meow me awake
Invisible strings, 
Pulling--
Bound to the rhythm of the day.
And I cannot escape
Like a dog
On a short lead, 
Always trapped. 

Stuck
Tied
Too this hell that the have made myself. 

Will someone help me? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halloween Photography Challenge

Ego Death

~~~~~~~~~~~`

Now onto Writober which is a micro fiction piece based off of the photo on Experience Writing's blog.  It is a picture that looks like multiple exposed sites of fingers or branches in a light purple background.

End of the World

It was a crisp morning and the fog ended my backyard, and could only see the edges of the forest. Only just barely see the forest.

To early to be awake, but here I was, standing on my back porch with a steaming mug of coffee. I did this ritual every morning, like I was tied to something. The bitterness of the coffee loitered on my tongue as I watched the fog bank. I did this every morning, and every morning I saw  a little less of the world. Though I still continued onward. 

Today the gazebo was starting to be obscured by the fog, when yesterday I could still see the tree line on the other side of the gazebo.

Another sip of coffee and there was a breeze coming from the fog. I sighed. What works I see tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: