Here, There be a Writer

Monday, August 24, 2015

Late But Not Last

It was a rather full week, but I managed to keep up with a few goals. Going to make this short, as I am posting a day late. Seem when I travel out of town, I tend to get a little behind. Do you find that to be true, Dear Readers? Going out of town, having guests over cuts into your creative time?

This Week:
     *Reading: finished The Amber Spyglass (Phillip Pullman) and The Festival of Bones (James A. Owen). Found my rhythm again, so much so that I am now reading 5 separate books. Okay, a few I just started, but yeah, gonna be a challenge to not lost my place in the stories.
      *Writing: successfully wrote writing blitzes Monday through Thursday for Modern Muses. Ended up writing a poem on Friday, but it was a poem that I meant to write last month but didn't. So I did write every during the week.
     *Editing: I have been strict on this. This is important to me to finish this review of The Real Road Trip before August is over. I edited 5 pages from Monday to Sunday. At this rate I will probably finish either a day early, of only need 2 pages on the 31st. September will be the hard part, sitting down to input the edit, re-write the parts that are crap, organize into chapters, and do up some notes (kinda late on that one).
     *Social Media: been a lot slack on this over the weekend. I still manged to catch my sponsor duties and I may go back a visit those whom I normally visit each week.
     *Got some good re-connection time when I visited Fredonia with old high friends and friends I hadn't see since the last visit.

There is so much more to work on. I always seems to feel behind on Mondays, not sure why. I mean, I know why when I am out of town, but why regular weeks in general. I need to think about this, maybe a dose of meditation one evening would help. Monday just always feel rushed and pack to bursting, even If I get my ROW80 in on time. I thing I am going to devote ROW80 Sundays to the morning, no matter where I am. Anyway, I digress...

This (upcoming) Week:
      *Reading: bound and determined to finish Murder Comes Ashore (Julie Anne Lindsey), work on The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie), and Invisible Moon (James A. Owen). I also have started Fragile Things (Neil Gaiman), Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Douglas Adams). Murder Comes Ashore is part of a series of cozy mysteries featuring the counselor and part-time detective, Patience Price on Chincoteague Island.
       *Writing: write daily, at least 300 words.
       *Editing: 5 pages daily, or more. Finish review edit of The Real Road Trip.
       *Social Media: get back on the wagon with visiting 4 blog daily and on sponsor duties.
Goals I let slide, but am going to return to them this week:
       *Blogging: I really miss this. I non-ROW80 post a week should be easy. Going to find a day that I can devote to this goal. Maybe Tuesdays or Saturday (even though that's an unplugged day.
       *Submissions: 2 new submission weekly. Maybe I will do this on my blogging day.
       *Exercise: take a nice sized walk once a week with the Hubs.

That's it for this week. More to come, Dear Readers. My fall will be gearing up soon as Music Man auditions are this weekend (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) with the first read through on 9/10, seeing as Labour Day is a bit late this year and the director is taking her vacation that week. It'll be good. Looking forward to a new theatre project and NaNoWriMo in this fall. So much too do, but yet the days are still nice. The peepers are peeping. And I have my #OneGoodCup as I write this.

I have new challenges to try (maybe Ready, Set, Write! and WWW), and OctPoWriMo coming up soon too. Stories are flowing outta my head and feeling much more peaceful and determined about my writing and theatre passions. Planning to return to a book to movie review this October too, but movies that were turned into books. Last years book to movie review month was scattered across more of 2015 than 2014. Oh well, this year is shaping up to be much better.

A Round of Words in 80 Days, blog challenge that knows you have a life. Come in a set a spell, we have cookies, coffee, tea, and cheesecake at the Blog Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: