Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, October 2, 2022

OctPoWriMo Day #2: Thunderstorms (An Ode)

I need to point out that sometimes I edit my posts the day after. My brain sometimes go faster than my fingers, so I will always spot correct my grammar. Always! I will not take offense if someone comments on it. I just needed to state this.

Today's prompt leads well into a theme that I clearly started, and maybe, if I try hard enough, I can finish the month with. The theme is thunderstorms. Yesterday's poem was also about a storm. So...let's try something. I don't usually try to stick with a theme, but something told me to, one mustn't disobey the muse when it calls. 

Also, this is an ode. I don't try to write in ode-style, but I feel that it leads itself well to my, often, rambles. Enjoy today poetic fare...

 Ode to A Few Moments


One moment,

It feels like an eternity

When the air is still,

Stagnant,

It feels like wearing too tight of a scarf

And you are clutching,

Grasping,

Reaching

For the next breath.


One moment

That you wish to last forever,

But in a flash,

Of lighten-ing

It is gone,

But oh, how it felt,

To breathe

To be  alive,

Electric,

Stretching wide

In those brief moments.


One moment,

Stretching into more

In the passing storm,

Echoing thunder,

Sharp and biting,

Alive and asleep,

Real and unreal,

Make this storm the best time of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: