Here, There be a Writer

Saturday, October 1, 2022

OctPoWriMo Day 1: Shine Your Light

Maybe it is appropriate that I decided to do this challenge. Or maybe I am trying too hard. I just realized I hadn't written much of anything in months, let alone a poem.

I used to blog all the time. Now I seldom do. Why? I am not sure. I think I lost some passion. Actually, I am sure of it. And today was a particularly trying day, that is all I need to say about that right now. It got me nostalgic for writing poetry, especially during a month long challenge like OctPoWriMo. That is reason enough, for now.  I have a lot stored in my head and maybe it's time to release some of those krakens or demons, at least in literary form.

So... Free verse, written on my phone, I present The Storm Revisited.


The Storm Revisited 


It's hard to shine

In the middle of a storm.

I can see my passions

Flying by,

But I cannot seem to grasp them.

They touch my fingertips,

Only to find

They have gone.


Empty handed,

In the storm

Winds blowing,

Rain soaked cheeks,

Or maybe,

Tears.


I feel alone,

Even in a crowded house.

I don't even know how this storm came up on me,

Or maybe I know full well.


The passion flies by,

Reaching,

I feel it's velvet wings.

It's going to fly away again,

Is it?


Now, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: