Here, There be a Writer

Saturday, October 15, 2022

OctPoWriMo Day #15 - Surrender Fears (The Bop)

 Day #15 - Fears: Surrender/Discover (The Bop)


To Ignore the Elephant


It’s an obvious elephant,

Leaning against the corner, so

You cannot ignore its sight.

It is viewed from every angle

And you cannot make its eye

No matter how you try to avoid it.


Imagine my fear of the irrational.


Silence will say it best,

Even when you know better.

There is no reason to bring it up,

When ultimately the fear will speak

And speak loudly that cannot be ignored.

So, eat your rice pilaf and

Talk about the weather.


Imagine my fear of the irrational.


After dinner, nothing is said,

And makes my fear grow

As more silent I become

Until my spouse says plainly,

“Use your words, please…”

And the elephant sits at the table.


Imagine my fear of the irrational.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: