Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

OctPoWriMo Days #11 and 12

Maybe today in the I get caught up and stay caught up?!?! One can hope.


I feel less confident about these 2 days poems. Not really sure why as I had clear pictures and emotions tired to the ideas, but now that I am writing, Well, they have fallen a bit flat. Of course, that might just be my own head talking.


Sticking to my laurels, I am trying the poetic forms given in the prompts. I do think that they poems work, I just am second guessing myself tonight. Please, Dear Readers, enjoy and leave me some love in the comments section.


Thank you!


~~~~~~~~


Day #11 - Horses/Parade (free verse)


Parade Day


Marching in line,

Dressed to the nines

With tails tied

With ribbons and bells--

The beauty of the ball,

Stepping high

And only a little out of sync;

A musical cacophony, jangling.

To the delight of the children

Sidelining the roads.

Only what they see with blinders,

But they hear all

When they deposit on the road.


~~~~~~

Day #12 First (Ode)


Ode to Being First


Feeling new,

When the day begins

Feeling alone,

On the streets.

There is peace here,

A peace that is craved,

Desired,

Because while others seek it out,

It is only here and now

That it is received.

It is the first.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: