Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Continuing OctPoWriMo 2021 (catching up...)

Tried to stick to the rules. I really did. 

Day #16 was a sonnet. I just don't have it in me. And I really wanted too, to. The thought of rhyme, meter, imabic feets, and beats, and everything. It just isn't going to happen, mostly because today was a long day that made thinking difficult. I am posting the last three days so I can at least be caught up.

~~~~~~~~~

Day #15 - Leaves (Free Verse); emerald, saffron, leaves


Leavings


Leaves the emerald past,

Coming of the saffron

And 

Bring forth the vermillion.

It is the time of change

And 

Leaving.

Goodbye Summer

I’ll miss you,

But now comes Dear Autumn.


~~~~~~~~~~

Day #16 - Love (Free Verse); Erotic, Breath

Connection

Breathe into me,

I can feel your heartbeat,

In time with my breathing.

Cannot control,

Pulses leaning in closer,

Sweaty bodies,

Tightly pressed.

I only want you,

here,

In this moment,

Not alone,

But

Breathing as one,

Pressing together.


~~~~~~~~~

Day #17 - Adventures (Momento); a/b/c/a/b/c (x2) [8/6/2] {used 6/8/2}


Toronto Adventures


Riding fast and further

Than anything we imagined,

Underground.

I’ll go where you go, Sir

Rome or Byzantium summoned,

northbound.


Come with me to gardens,

Wandering not forgotten paths,

We are.

I am forward, beckoned,

To bring you back by the bypaths,

To boudoir. (***)



***Also, Dear Readers, I need to note that in the last line of the Memento poem I used 3 syllables, instead of 2. Not trying to cheat, but the imagine I was going for and the rhyme scheme I was using, well, there was no other way.


As always, please leave me some love in the comments, or a critique if you will. I enjoy seeing your reactions to my poetry. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: