Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

This is my December is a nutshell!

For we need a little Christmas, right this very minute. Candles in the window, Carols at the Spinnet...


And Christmas in Hammondsport proper, 
Where Whos,Grinches, all sorts were
to gather together to sing and celebrate
to the audiences' delight most great. 

So, we had a performance of A Green Eggs and Hammondsport Christmas and now I am trying to find my brain (wherever I put it). This entry is late and I honestly don't even have anything new to report. I feel rather terrible about the obvious lack of progress, but it happens. it's Christmas and I am feeling good.

A few shots from the performance... 
Grinch, Cat in the Hat, and Max.



Thidwick the Big-Heated Moose, Fox in socks, Horton the Elephant, Sam I Am, cindy Lou Who, and Daisy Headed Maisie.
All the Whos and Such!




Yertle the Turtle and Turtles. 


Of course there's the obligatory car repairs. Grr!! My van is fixed (in one day), some small and stupid, yet highly important stuff needed. I also broke my glasses. I can't see without my glasses! Have an appointment on Thursday and currently my glasses look like this...

Gonna be a long week...
I have been auditioning for The Mousetrap these passed few days. The last night of auditions are tonight, and
then I cast the damn thing! I have a lot of awesome talent to pull from. And thankfully, Mousetrap doesn't gear up until January. There is a read thru later this week and one walk thru after Christmas and before New Years. I am really excited to be doing this, haven't directed since Charlotte's Web in 2012. It's Agatha Christie and Murder. Heh! Good times with the victims. um, I mean auditionee!  ~GRIN~

Overall, I am pretty happy, the H'port show went fantastic and the audience was receptive. We packed the church too. Now working on Christmas...there is always something, isn't there. :-)

Oh and Neil Gaiman is awesome...25 or so pages from finishing The Ocean at the End of the Lane!

A Round of Words in 80 Days, a blog challenge that knows you have a life. Go a visit the Blog Hop!

Christmas Song of the Day:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: