Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Quixotic Poetry Challenge

Quixotic (adjective)
1. (sometimes initial capital letter) resembling or befitting Don Quixote.
2. extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; visionary, impractical, or impracticable.
3.impulsive and often rashly unpredictable.

This one is for Morgan Dragonwillow. I wrote a acrostic with rhythm, inspired by Cervantes' own hero Don Quixote. In romantic flair and passions alive, I give to today's challenge. I also used my favourite word ever. It was hard as I had to use Q and X. Love a challenge do I.

Love So Strong, Will Not Bend

Quietly the sun sets upon the long days
Under the shadows that now begin to sway
I find that within expansive minds, enamoured I'm lost within
Xeric lands of Saharan or Kalahari looking  for of that I had sinned.
Of the darkness and the arid winds that have blown
Traveling to the last point known
I can still see you from afar
Crossing the expanses that between us bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: