Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pantoum for Paris and Lebanon

From a post late last week. I wanted to shared it again on the social networks.

In a world where people still cannot find peace with each other, it is nice to see that people are still good. Words fail me today.

To me it seems easy to accept people for ours differences, to enjoy and celebrate what makes us different. This is not okay. It will never be okay. I stand with Paris, France, and the whole world in saying you are not alone. I stand by you as a friend. Together we are stronger.

I am a writer. I am a poet. I write words. My favourite style is a pantoum, it's a song-like style. This is for the bad day and the good days to come. Nothing can change thee feeling, the hurt, but I give you what I can today, Paris. A little ray of sunshine to help you feel less alone.












When in the dark you stand,
after the lights have been turned out
and maybe you feel alone
in a large and crowded room.

After the lights have been turned out
and there you are standing
in a large and crowded room,
you will feel a hand upon your shoulder.

And there you are standing--
the world spinning around you
you will feel a hand upon your shoulder, 
know that you are not alone.

The world is spinning around you
maybe you want cry
know that you are not alone
I will help carry your burden.

Maybe you want to cry,
yell obscenities to the sky.
I will help carry your burden
because I am your friend.

Yell obscenities to the sky,
maybe it is wanting to be with others
because I am your friend,
I will not let you fall.

Maybe it is wanting to be with others
when the tragic has befallen.
I will not let you fall
I will see you through that which you face.

When the tragic has befallen
and maybe you feel alone
I will see you through that which you face
when in the dark you stand.

I STAND WITH YOU, PARIS and LEBANON!! ‪#‎StandwithParis‬ #StandwithLebanon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: