Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, October 9, 2022

OctPoWriMo Days 7 through 9: Titled, I got lost and found my way back

There is a lot to take in with this post.  I wrote 3 poems in an hour, 3 poems that resonate a bit more deeply, as the last 2 weeks have been challenging. It has given me plenty to mull over and, subsequently write about.


Day #7 - Endure (Villanelle) aba aba aba aba aba abaa.


Enduring Storms


There is always the storm to come,

Like some ticking of a clock

I can hear the beating drum.


Waiting for the phantom

That quite resides with my walk.

There is always the storm to come.


It is the waiting, while I hum

For the echoing to mock

And I can hear the beating drum.


Another moment more, I am numb,

Cloaked with my frock--

There is always the storm to come.


Sitting here, with my sanctum,

An sudden urge to balk

As I can hear the beating drum


In the dark and night so glum;

It is my own roadblock.

There is always the storm to come,

I can hear the beating drum.


~~~~~~

Day #8 - Wonderfully Strange  (Acrostic)


When I wake

On the other side of the bed

Near to me, snoring,

Darling.

Echoing in my ears

Return to normalcy, as

Fresh is the day, breaking.

Unsure of the next moment with

Life inside this zoo we built.

Learning to navigate

Yesterday’s mistakes.


Still, I lie awake, staring

Transfixed at the eyelids fluttering

Recalling life before 

And now life after.

Now his eyes pop open,

Grinning ear to ear,

Every morning saying, “I love you soooo much."


~~~~~~~~

Day #9 - Breathe, Silencing (Free Verse/Ghazal) AA bA cA dA eA


Silent Breathing

Intake breath, slow breathing

No other sound exists now, except the breathing.


Take a moment to resonate

The air as you begin breathing.


Focus on the sounds you make,

With each intake that you are breathing.


A moment with no air, holding,

A moment later you are breathing.


Now as suddenly as before,

The clocks ticks while you are breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: