Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

OctPoWriMo Days #17 and 18 - Haiku and Haibun

 Day #17 - Haiku Love (Tri-Level Haiku)


My Broken Chi

Busted energy
Leaving a broken soul shell
Only breathing now.

In the empty halls
With the ticking grandfather
As my only friend.

Out from the shadows
Whisping slowly across floor
My chi has returned.


~~~~~~~~

Day #18 - Flaw/Weathered/Wrinkle (Haibun)


Dawning


Eyes opened to the dim sunlight filtering through the partially opened curtain. It is morning and the reminder that it is time to get up. Wispy trails of late fog weathered the view of the outside. Nothing could be more depressing to the current state of the bedroom. Alarm begins chiming and eyes close tight.


Warmth spilling around

Pressure tight and now sweating--

I am now smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: