Yes, I blame the holidays, but the fault is more in the lack of preparedness on my end. I am finally at a point where I want to DO something. I want to do something important. I want to make something happen. I am making it happen!
I am currently working on a project that I hope I can launch by December 31st, if not then after the New Year. It's a big leap and as of right now still SOOPER SEKRET! But I am still excited to be working on it.
I want to tell you, but, well I kinda like the suspense I'm building up here, so stay tuned for more details.
In the meantime...
I have seen a lot of movies this year, and last year too, so maybe it's time to share a bit about those movies. Here are my top 10 movies from 2017 that I have seen in the theatre, and in no particular order.
1. Coco: Pixar nailed it when they made Coco. A movie that features music, actors, and a true message about finding your place in the world.
2. The Last Jedi: Mark Hamil taking back the role of Luke Skywalker, that and the friggin' adorable creatures, oh and the story is quit fetching too!
3.Thor: Rangorok: Without knowing half of the Marvel cinematic universe, I was surprisingly NOT lost. Two words, Holy Hela!
4. Loving Vincent: this movie is beautiful and the story is an interesting take on the death of Van Gogh.
5. Hidden Figures: history unwrapped and supported. A beautiful telling of the African American women behind NASA.
6. Wonder Woman: that is how you do a superhero movie, a FEMALE superhero movie. The Greek myth geek in me was pleased at the connections here.
7. Blade Runner 2049: this was the BEST space epic set on earth. Not an action movie, but a brilliant movie anyway.
8. Baby Driver: music and stellar shooting Also, Jamie Fox plays a phenomenal asshole,
9. Beauty and the Beast: with just enough new stuff to make it interesting and keeping with the feel of the original. Lefou, Gaston, and Kevin Kline as Maurice are the strong favourites.
10. Wonder: not just a sappy and tear jerker about bullying, but a fantastic look at how a whole family and friends are affected.