Here, There be a Writer

Thursday, October 13, 2022

OctPoWriMo Days 10 through 13 - Because it is so much fun to marathon poem writing...

 Day #10 - Sadness/Hope (Sijo)


Hopefully Sad


Can you remember me, after death?

When the sadness is eternal--

I cannot bring myself to speak.

I remember your smile,

Laughing at the silliness, I hope,

But I cannot remember your voice.


~~~~~~

Day #11 - Everlasting (Free Verse)


Within the Garden


Feeling lost,

Ever after countless days.

I gave myself over 

To fears,

Emotions,

Irrational thoughts.

They grow, in my gray matter gardens,

Like weeds.


My garden is filled with weeds

Of all real and imagined

That choke out the flowers,

It is my sadness that feeds them,

A fertilizer that I cannot control.

If left unchecked,
I doubt there will be much left of me,

Or 

Of you.


Where is my gardener?

That can release me 

Of this trap.

It everlasting,

My sorrow,

Choking back tears,

Until I cannot hardly breathe.

I am trapped,

Within this cerebral garden

Of not quite delights.


~~~~~~~~

Day #12 - Distorted Reflections/Illusions (Haiku)


Bending light to reach

My eyes, showing reflections--

Not reality.


~~~~~~

Day #13 - Faith in/Breathe (Blitz Poem)


A Poetic Test in How to Breathe


Just Breathe

Just a moment

Moment of reflection

Moment has passed

Passed it up

Passed over

Over the moon 

Over it all

All I can think

All there is

Is this all?

Is this why?

Why am I still thinking?

Why can’t I?

I don’t even know

I wish I did

Did you see that?

Did you know?

Know me before

Know what happened

Happened on this day

Happened to me

Me, I don’t know

Me, sitting here

Here I am typing

Here is the reality

Reality is strange

Reality is fiction

Fiction is the story

Fiction is my history

History written by

History forgotten

Forgotten what I said

Forgotten her face

Face the music

Face time

Time to stop

Time to go

Go with you

Go away 

Away I run 

Away I stay

Stay with me

Stay together

Together we will be

Together we are

Are we here?

Are we one?

One 

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: