Here, There be a Writer

Thursday, October 6, 2022

OctPoWriMo Days 5 and 6: Enough and Surrender

This is what happens when you get bronchitis during October (Inktober and OctPoWriMo), a mash up. It is poetry fueled by the medicine I am currently on. I have had a few serious days and today is not going to be one of them. Also, I am not a fan of palindrome poems, almost as much as I am NOT a fan of SESTINAS. That’s another post and another day ( I have ranted about this before, and decidedly will not again).


I think,

Thank,

Thunk.

But why…

WHY

I am enough…


Nope, I do not feel like free verse. I need something different. Something familiar? Yes. Maybe a little Paul McCartney while I write.


If you feel less than

Enough of anything then

Surrender to it.


I can do haiku. ANYTIME!!! Haiku in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening. And I mean that. I also need to ramble about today’s (and yesterday’s too) topic. While I didn’t write a full, epic poem, I feel that this is a piece in its own right. A worthy prose piece, laced with poetry.


Perhaps a little ADHD mixed in to the potion. I promise it'll get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: