Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

OctPoWriMo Days 24 to the end.... (Haiku Edition)

I happened upon an idea. What if I finished OctPoWriMo in a continuous haiku from day 24 to the 31? Setbacks and work schedules have set me three days behind, and with no new prompts posted (unless I missed where they were posted), I have had to improvise. This is not something new, the improvising, I mean. Haiku is a favourite form to write, and is still challenging to condense my thoughts to  lines of 5, 7, 5 syllables and still make sense

I find hope in words, from the wisest of sayings, to the silliest of jokes. I love a good terrible joke. I think not only is it good healing for me, but having the continuity from now to the end is good for my mental muscles. It will be simply titled, "Journey to the 31st", and I will add to this post each day. So, come back and keep reading.

Day #24 - (Haiku)


Enter the tunnel

All is darkness and shadows--

Light the lamp to shine.


~~~~~~~

Day #25 - (Haiku)


Even when alone

The lamplight is your closest--

As you travel on.


~~~~~~~

Day #26 - (Haiku)


With your feet, walking

And no clear path is mapped out.

Take a chance on faith…


~~~~~~~~
Day #27 - (Haiku)

Be you afraid, Dear?
I know I cannot be there--
With one foot in front

~~~~~~~~

Day #28 - (Haiku)


You are traveling.

It’s okay to be afraid

When it is dark out.

~~~~~~~~

Day #29 - (Haiku)

Remember this piece--
Keep walking, even when you
Cannot see. Trust me!
~~~~~~~~
Day #30 - (Haiku)

Will not be easy,
Will be the most scary thing--
That light, distantly
~~~~~~~~~
Day #31 - (Haiku)

Begins creeping close--
A round dot, becoming a
Circle to envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: