Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, May 3, 2015

May Goals

Missed Wednesday's check-in. Drat! It's been a busy few weeks and going to get worst  as the month progresses. Not surprising. On the plus side I completed NaPoWriMo and Blogging A to Z.  w00t! I didn't flinch or waver as much as I thought, but then again I have a great support system with Jesi, Rod, and Lizzi. They wouldn't let me fall and kept me going, usually with their awesome twitter banter and words of encouragement.

Not going to mince words, I knew this past month was going to be tight. May is also looking packed, but I still know what I want to get out of this month. With the April challenges done, I can focus on some of my other goals. Going to outline the goals for May, and even make the weekly check-ins this time.

May is bringing warmer weather and the Lake Country Players (LCP)'s junior players production of Aesop's Foibles (May 15th 16th), which I am stage managing. That goes up in 2 weeks. Keuka Lake Players (KLP) is putting on Zombie Prom (if your curious as to what it is about, the link is to the Facebook page, with pictures and whatnot) at the end of May (May 29th and 30th), I am in the chorus, with 4 different characters. And, yes I know what you are thinking, Dear Readers. I am crazy! This I know and I welcome it. It id kinda what theatre folk do. The good side to this is that June 1 begins a 3 month hiatus from theatre to re-group and rejuvenate mind and body. Well, that and write, edit, and write some more.

Goals for May:
   *Reading: complete 4 books. I only finished 2 in April. Currently reading Murder in the Mews (Agatha Christie) and Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) (Jenny Lawson - The Bloggess).
   *Submissions: I want to submit 1 new submission per week. I have two/three submissions that are due in June. I was doing really well on this in 2014, back backslid when I got to the holidays. Jumping back on this wagon.
   *Writing: write daily (or when possible) at least 200 words.
   *Theatre Stuffs: Aesop's Foibles and Zombie Prom regular update with ROW80 check-ins (see also Blogging)
   *Blogging: 1 new post (non-ROW80).
   *Social Media/Visiting: visit 3 - 4 blog daily.

Still keeping it simple, but I have some other goals that if these are met I will work on. Today was a grand day with the sunshine and temperatures in the 70/80s. This needs to be a regular thing now. I get a lot more accomplished when its warmer and can be outside. The house is too stale. Need to open up the house more and air everything out, spring cleaning, planting, etc.

What have you all been up to, Dear Readers? What is your favourite part of spring and the return of the warmer weather?

A Round of Words in 80 Days is a challenge that knows you have a life. It is a Blog Hop. Come over and visit, leave a comment, and meet some new friends and colleagues.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that now is the time of year to get outside and enjoy the spring weather. It has been beautiful here for four or five days! I am soaking up that sunshine - my only vice.

    Best wishes with all the performances. What a sense of accomplishment when you have made it through the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: