Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sunday Check-in...a touch late...

It must be the post show crash. My brain is not working and haven't had anything to do (well not counting housework that I started to to catch up on).  Currently re-adjusting my daily schedule to the non theatre. The big thing in the days following a shows completion is catching up on sleep, that I am happy to say is progressing normally, as is the De-stressing of all stress built up from the show. This is mostly because I was producing and not acting this time around. There was a whole new set of rules to follow as a producer, and thus a whole new set of stresses.

It was a pleasure to work with some new folks and hang around and celebrate my birthday with my theatre family; getting sung to by the whole ape/human/plant family. I won't lie, having my birthday (August 2nd) fall on the second on the three shows was quite nice. Birthdays are about spending time with those you love, and I truly love my KLP theatre family.

In the mean time, I have spent Monday vacuuming the living room, doing the dishes, and paying bills (oh the joys of being an adult). The house is NOT sparkling clean by a long shot, but is much more presentable. That makes me feel good in the mean time.

What I have been doing is continuing to plow through Lirael. I believe I am about half way through the book. There is something uniquely different about this series. I absolutely love it, especially after a second read. I think since The Hunger Games, I have felt a desire to return to some previously read books/series. Garth Nix's characters are different. I mean they still follow the standard fantasy tropes, but Touchstone, Sabriel, and Lirael are all much more than the standard protagonists. Some are a majorly flawed (my favourite style of character), but they are interesting and their world is definitely not the usually world that exists. A world of Science and Magic, and the characters who tried to deal with that as they progress through the story [no spoilers today].

I am planning on returning to my regularly scheduled writing and reading in the following days. Thank you, Dear Readers, for being patient with me. Theatre is a thing that is near and dear to my heart, and once involved in a show, I take it seriously. I do what job I am required of, sometimes that means the writing goes on the back burner for a time. But, I am itching to get back into writing and creating new worlds. Have a stellar week, Dear Readers, remember to visit the Blog Hop, that First World Problems are not everything (unless it is Weird Al).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: