Here, There be a Writer

Sunday, April 20, 2014

AROW80 Easter Sunday and Poetry

Happy Easter/Ostara, Dear Readers!

Hope to got all the jelly beans, peeps, and chocolate bunnies to wanted! I also hope you got to spend time with your loved ones to celebrate in whatever way to choose to celebrate; whether cooking ham for dinner, going to Easter Service, Blessing the Basket, going on Easter Egg Hunts, Rolling eggs down hills, Going to Easter brunch, or watching silly stupid Easter movie with your husband, I hope you've had a fabulous day, Dear Readers!

Today is also the Pagan Holiday of Ostara, the Spring Festival welcoming Spring with the new growth, new beginnings, bunnies, and eggs (to name a dew). It is a time to celebrate the new beginnings of the Spring Maiden and the Horned God's reign upon the world' also the growing season begins and the fertility rites, and chocolate bunnies (okay that's a modern tradition, but you get my point).

My Ostara began with a fantastic morning of sleeping in. The sun was out and it was gorgeous and I decided to open the windows a spend the morning reading. I finished reading "The Hunger Games" and started "Catching Fire". Today was a good day of rest.

Yesterday was the Keuka Lake Players performed the first performance of "The Tempest" at Hammondsport Central School. We had a good crowd, smaller, but a responsive one. it felt good to be performing Shakespeare again. The Avoca performance is on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday are the Bath performances. I really do love playing Trinculo, the drunken court jester, there is something about playing the fool that is fum It also helps that I get to act over the top and silly with my husband and one of my best friends, Sara.

The writing's been a little sparse this past week. I have been keeping up on my blog challenges, but Camp NaNoWriMo has falling to the wayside. Not trying to, but my days last were long and  some days were harder to find the time to write. Usually writing while being tech rehearsals and performances is difficult, but still manageable. I have not completely given up hope on getting to 50,000 words. It'll be a stretch, but the last week of Camp NaNo I plan on writing like crazy to try and make up. Not gonna give up!

Today's NaPoWriMo poem is written from the perspective of Wendy Love, my 3 1/2 year old friend and daughter to Sara Love who plays Stephano, the drunken butler in KLP's production in "The Tempest". {insert plug here}

Also, remember to take a look at my fellow bloggers and writers on the AROW80 Blog Hop!

Meditations of Wendy Love


I should think that the best times
Are with my Mommy—
When we are watching
The Funny Doctor and Amy Pond
Or chasing elephants in Banana Pants.
It an inside joke,
And I laugh so much at it,
It’s funny!

And there is Charlie Brown
With his funny voices.
He and Miss Cindy, 
they are my friends and
Tell me stories—
Stories about Butterfly Princesses
And Little Girls named Sophie.

I love my Mommy and Daddy,
And there’s my Sissy, Daphne,
And then, Brocket-Man.
My life is pretty good,
With ponies,
Dragons,
And dinosaurs.
Oh My!

I am happy singing
“Let it Go” with Mommy
And dancing in my tutus
To the sounds of Queen
And
The Who
With Daddy.

These are the best times.

8:31 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: