Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day #2: Honour thy Gods and Goddesses

Day #2 of NaPoWriMo brings the prompt of non Greco-Roman mythology, which is something I am familiar with, but know less of than Greek or Roman. I follow a personal path with the Irish/Celtic deities so I found the Tuatha De Danann, the people (gods/goddesses of Danu). Danu is much like the Mother-of-All, Mother Nature, Hera, etc.

I am awfully fond of yuletide and the rebirth of the Sun God of Celtic origins. Some the image of the Tuatha De Danann sitting down to a yule feast to honour one of theirs' birth is a lovely image. I hope you like it, Dear Readers.

Solstice Feast with Tuatha De Danann
Morrigan - The Goddess of Battle, Strife, and Sovereignty
Set the table in finery,
the likes that the world has never seen.
Golden chalices,
filled to brimming with--
Ambrosia and Nectar.
The Gods are dining tonight!

Upon crystalline plates,
the most luxurious of feasts--
Marzipan and Golden Pheasant.
The smells are overpowering
and one has to only lick their lips.
The Goddesses are dining tonight!

Within my dreams I can see the mighty ones--
The Tuatha De Danann
sitting down to feast;
Mighty Dagda and King Lugh
and the fierce Lady Morrigan,
they beckon to me to join.

It’s a rare treat to be invited,
Do I go?
Do I stay?
At their table
upon thine Sabbat,
the eve of the Yule
when the world is but borne anew.
The Sun God,
 we feast on his honour
and thus are half out of the Dark.


12:33 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: