Here, There be a Writer

Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 8: Food-a-verse and Free Write

Have you ever just couldn't get into a topic?

Well, today's my day, Dear Readers. I had zero muse work today and somehow still managed to write something with a little whimsy, or at least amusing to read. Sticking with my universe theme, I had to stretch this one a bit. I hope there's something that make you giggle, or at least smile.

I went with  free write tonight. I just  couldn't wrap my brain around rhyming and Rondels, which are actually fun to write. If I get inspired I will try to write one before OctPoWriMo is up.

So, what foods are so tasty that they are out of this world delicious, Dear Readers? I love anything with cheese, especially cheesecake. Leave me a comment below and happy writing...

*photos from MorgueFile

A Milky Way Galaxy

Ever stop to think
that dinner  is like a universe,
entrees and desserts
circling the table,
being passed around
like comets across the dining room.
A mini Milky Way?

Pungent odors,
stretching across
of liver--
not my favourite;
or maybe,
delightfully simple
as in Mac n Cheese.
My mouth waters just thinking about,
a food-a-verse at the table.

Enjoy the satellites
of manna
and eat your peas,
chew your bread,
and remember,
nobody likes okra.
Its like the black hole
of side dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: