Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Day 18: Isolation Drama (Free Write)

Prompt: Senseless

Word Prompts: senseless, absurd, irrational, unconscious, empty

Never have I ever sat in an isolation tank, and after this story I m NOT sure I would feel comfortable, even if I managed to work through stuff. I have one REALLY BIG fear, beyond all other fears, that of being utter alone. Isolation tanks are something I am not sure I could survive. I don't know, as I haven't tried one. This guy's story at the Huffington Post was certainly interesting, but not sure if I am ready. In the mean time, Dear Readers, here is a poem about how I feel I might react to a stay in isolation.


Isolation Drama

Absurd are the thoughts,
running through my head.
Senseless wanderings,
From MorgueFile
that take me past memories,
moments,
times both wonderful
and
terrifying
and I feel irrational,
believing in things long past,
or only just starting.
Its like my own turn,
within a floating casket.
I don't even know
which way is up;
a nightmare
in the day?
Cause I don't know what time it is.
Panic surges,
I am sure I will never escape
this personal hell
of memories
and emotions;
but then I see the light,
even in the pitch dark,
calm
and
reason returning,
as the timer buzzing,
signaling time's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: