Here, There be a Writer

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Day 7 (though its actually 8): Porous Poetry

I can't believe I labeled day 7 as Day 8! I must have been asleep at the wheel...


Anywhooo...I am more confident with today's poem. I wasn't sure I could pull it off. Also, I am not in the rhyming mood, so I free wrote tonight and free versed the poem. I think it helped much, as my coffee break between my writing blitz and my poem writing cleared my head, thus I have more space with which to bounce ideas around in. I also kept the universe theme, although I depicted more of a world than a universe. But, its okay, Dear Readers, I like it better this way.

Day 8 (but labeled as Day 7) Prompt: Porous (Free Write/Free Verse)

Word Prompts: pervious, cellular, lucid, coherent, explicit

From MorgueFile
Minds can be porous, especially when you are thinking about some fifteen different things. I knw my brain gets very porous, especially when I am stressed. It's like stress makes holes in your brain, and then the water leaks out and you become dry, parched, thirsty. 

Dream World

Lucid moments,
where walls are like pudding 
and chairs are made of clouds,
you know you've thought about it before.
The playground of the soul
where porous thoughts drift
through the grey matter;
stories of knights riding to slay dragons,
or pirates seeking buried treasure
and the possibilities are endless
for the storytellers
after the sleeper has awaken,
left confused by what their cellular mind concocts;
only then can my mind play
with those possibilities
into poem or play,
or novelization.

It funny what my mind,

what it dreams up for me to write about.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, I love these images:
    where walls are like pudding
    and chairs are made of clouds
    Thank you, xoA

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: