Here, There be a Writer

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Not as bad as I thought...

It's been a weird week. My brain is re-couping from a long week at the evil day job (more evil than normal this week), getting sick over the weekend, and adjusting to a new writing/theatre schedule. I usually try to bounce back after a few speed bumps and re-tool my goals to align with what I need, but this week has been a challenge. Goals that had been habit over the summer I am struggling with. Today is the first day that I made real progress.

I guess it happens. Hell that is what ROW80 is all about. It just feels like a backslid a lot. So, how did I do?

This Week:
     *Writing: I did not write Monday or Tuesday. Today I did a writing blitz (796 words) and am writing this
post, so it's a start. Even with the new schedule that account for rehearsal days, I fell a bit short. I hope to return to form as the week continues.
     *Blogging: I posted late Tuesday. it was on old poem, but it was running through my head and I feel like it want to be read by other eyes than my own eyes.
     *Reading: been at a bit of a stand still, what with waking up early, or sleep later. I am less than 50 pages from finishing Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Douglas Adams). It is a strange story. The characters are interesting, but I am not sure how I feel about the plot. It's a little meandering. It's also Douglas Adams though. Still, I am enjoying the different feel of it. Mostly.
     *Social Media: managed to get to 4 blogs Monday, Tuesday, and today, plus my sponsor goals. Even though once I was my own charge. ROW80 folk will probably understand that.
     *House tending: cleaned smelly food from out of the fridge, did the dishes, now need to run to Wegman's and get some needed groceries.
    *Theatre Stuffs: set of secret group for Music Man (to share pictures, video, and important information, answer emails, and type of more of the props list. Also, got my Sloth Mail ready to be mailed (for Amanda Palmer's Patreon group).

This (upcoming ) Week:
     *Reading: finish Dirk Gently and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie).
     *Writing: write daily, at least 300 words.
     *Editing: returning to my slightly forgotten edits of The Real Road Trip.
     *Blogging: post on Thursday.
     *Theatre Stuffs: finish props list, print more sponsor forms, new schedules, and other Music Man related stuff. Prepare for 24 Hour Theatre this weekend.

It's not much, but I am feeling more like what I usually do. There is some adjustment, so I am not beating myself up so much. Nose to the grind stone and slow and steady wins the race. Any more cliches I can use?

A Round of Words in 80 Days, the blog challenge that knows you have a life. Come visit with what the other ROW80-ers are up to at the Blog Hop.

That's it for now, Dear Readers. There will be more stuff in the downward slope of the week. Still I feel good.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're starting to make progress again. :) Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can adjust to the new schedule and get back to your writing and reading goals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Have you started reading "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie yet, or is it on your to-be-read list still? I've loved everything I've read by her. She's truly the queen of mystery. Have you read any of Elizabeth Peters's Amelia Peabody mysteries? I've only read the first one but it was fantastic, and if you're a Christie fan I think you'd like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about the evil day job. I thought that my monday and tuesday at the day job were horrible, but wednesday afternoon totally did me in. Arrgghh!

    Best wishes to you for a productive upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life has its moods. All smiles in one moment. Biting you in the next. Depending if you're a morning person or not. Or an occasional night owl such as myself. Writing can be done. It's good that you got some drizzle of writing done. Every bit of word counts.
    I think we sometimes have the writing itch that keep nagging at us. Or an impatient muse.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: