Here, There be a Writer

Monday, September 7, 2015

Labour Daybour 2015

The days are getting shorter and the leaves are beginning to turn.

As the shadows stretch away
and the silence breeze trickles by,
I am aware that the daylight is dying.

I will admit it, I have done nothing but goof off this weekend. And it felt really good too! For a Labour Day I laboured on housework and catching up on things. It's sunshiny and warm. A last chance at summer. And while the leaves are beginning to change. My August Tree is turning. Also called the Lady in Red, this is usually the first time in my area that I notice changing. This is the sign that Autumn has arrived.

August Tree
We are still getting a bit of the summertime weather though. It has been in the upper 80 and low 90s all weekend. That prompted a trip up to Rochester to go jump in Lake Ontario. Alas, I forgot to capture the moment, but it was glorious and refreshing (even in jeans). I regret nothing. It was also a  trip to Avon, NY where there is a ginormous flea market at the drive-in theatre. Found a few neat trinket and doodads, including a REAAAAALLY old card game called the "Game of Shakspeare". The cards have quotes and pictures from a number of Shakespeare's plays. What I could find about the Cincinnati Game Co. was that this game was produced around the turn of the century, but not sure how long the game was produce. This deck looks hella old though. If anyone has any information, please share.












And a Paddington Bear!!
I am a day late with my check-in, but I REGRET NOTHING! I got to see Shaun the Sheep the Movie and hang with some good friends (part of the Who Group) and caught a neat movie on Netflix, Chef. Quite the movie, with the all feels and a story that was equally entertaining and well thought out, without being cliche.

This Week:
    *Reading: finished Invisible Moon (James A. Owen).
    *Writing: wrote Wednesday, Thursday, maybe Friday (I can't rightly remember at the moment).
    *Editing: started the big edit of The Real Road Trip, inputted the edits into scrivener. Only about a page and a half. Thinking I am going to revise this goal to be completed by October 31st (or sooner).
    *Social Media: kept up with my sponsor goals and decided to be a sponsor for Round 4. Visited blogs, Weds and Thurs, nothing else over the weekend. But have been catching up on visits and house cleaning the email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
    *Theatre Stuff: working on a props list and preparing for rehearsal to start. Read thru is Thursday. Rehearsal days are Mondays and Thursdays, and Sunday afternoons for music. This'll make scheduling more important.
     *Housework/Exercise: Did a lot of walking yesterday around the flea markets and on the beaches of Lake Ontario. As for housework, laundry is done, folded, and put away; dishes are mostly done (except what I used for dinner; trash is out; and cat litter scooped.

This (upcoming) Week:
     *Reading: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie), Dirk Genlty's Holistic Detective Agency (Douglas Adams), Murder Comes Ashore (Julie Anne Lindsey), and Fragile Things (Neil Gaiman).
     *Writing: write daily, at least 300 words Monday thru Friday on Modern Muses or something else if the mood suits me.
     *Editing: find an editing schedule that works with Music Man schedule, work on it for an hour each day, Monday thru Friday.
     *Social Media: 4 blogs daily, and sponsor duties.
     *Blogging: 1 new non-ROW80 post this week. Probably Tuesday or Thursday.

A Round of Words in 80 Days is a blog challenge that knows you have a life. Come and see what the other ROW80-ers are up to at the Blog Hop!

It doesn't feel like summer is over, Labour Day has always marked the end of the summer. But here it is. Much excitement having this month and it is going to be an awesome show, awesome fall, and awesome Round. How are you celebrating Labour Day, Dear Readers? The beginning of Autumn? Plans for September? Leave me some love and hope Round 3 or life is going for you.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. We all need days off to just play. The card game looks really interesting. How is it played, or haven't you figured that out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds at the flea market! Glad we met each other. I like the idea of scheduling times to read blogs. I want to do better at that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note: