Here, There be a Writer

Saturday, October 24, 2020

OctPoWriMo: Day 23 & 24 (Trials and Tribulations)

I defaulted to of state of haiku, which I fall into when I don't feel motivated. When I procrastinate? Sometimes. Haiku is a really easy form for me, not just because it only requires a 5-7-5 syllable structure, but it is easy it pare down my thoughts into said haiku. I could not say this a few years ago, when all the words seems to want to come out, dance across the paper. Now I find that sometimes i like less words, as long as they have a proper meaning to what I want to say.

Today's poetic fare is very of this type of thinking.  Simply, I took the words that most resonated with me and transformed them into lyrical art. Enjoy!

OctPoWriMo

Day 23-

Prompt: Dream

There is a moment

Where dreams become like fog

Incorporeal. 


Day 24-

Prompt: Procrastination

It starts with a lack

Of movement, of desire

To not accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: