Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

OctPoWriMo: Day 13 (Outside the Box)

OctPoWriMo 

Prompt: Chains, Flight, or Breakthrough / Poetic Form: Oddquain (5 lines and syllables to match1.3.5.7.1)


Breakthrough


Chains

pulling down,

closer to the ground

and barely able to breathe--

bound.

Escape,

possible

to leave them behind

by ceasing to believe in 

chains.


Feeling constrained today. I guess the topic is perfect for my grey matter to roll around in some word prompts and oddquains today. I am pretty sure I i have tackled oddquains before. Something about making a mirrored version of a poem excites me. A mirrored oddquain is really pretty, especially centered. That best part of oddquains and the subsequent mirroring of them is that the rules are so very loose and undefined. It means to can explored more of the thoughts and feeling behind your words. 


As always, please leave me a comment or two. Thank you, Dear Readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: