Here, There be a Writer

Monday, March 17, 2014

AROW80 check-in: The Tempest, Beer, and Harry Potter

Silvery light,
held in the sky,
Oh Mother Moon!
I bath in your silvery light.

Captivating,
your light shine upon thee
And I am made stronger,
as one drinks the ambrosia
of the Gods,
your nectar is just as sweet.

In a dancing frenzy,
I built the strength that leads me forward
and your guidance like trees
growing taller around me.

Mother Moon,
with you I am strong,
with me you teach your lessons.
The night is not so dark
with your full bosom
shining down,
as I make my offering
to become your acolyte. 

This weekend, I was not very productive. It was a great weekend, but I did not make a lot of progress on my current projects. I had a dream last night about being in a study hall (?) in a bar with David discussing French, which I hadn't been to in about three weeks and I was trying to catch  up. It was really weird, but I think I know where it stems from. The lack of writing and lack of motivation to write. I can't let myself slide like this. My moods lately have really taken me down a notch or two, and I have let them get to me. Bad Writer! I haven't gone to my French class in three weeks.


I don't feel that bad about this weekend; there was rehearsals and potlucks with Tempest peeps, coffee shops, Beer Kiki (basically blind beer taste testing) and a Harry Potter marathon....oh my!! I finally got to watch Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1. I spent more time out in the world than in front of my computer, but in all honesty it was a good thing this weekend. Sometimes, I feel that I need to be away from the computer to get a better grasp on what I need to do to be productive; whether it's brain storming, writing poetry, or taking walks in the woods (it's still too cold for that here).


The Tempest has been more on my mind lately. We go up April 19th. I have my lines memorized, but now it's the time to run the scenes with Caliban and Stephano, getting the subtle nuances, and building the characters into real entities. This time, which is very important to me to build my character into something. Trinculo needs to be larger than life, VERY much alive and drunk We are at the month mark, one month until show time! Getting nervous, but also excited too! I am sure that as I get closer to opening night, the writing quite possibly will get pushed aside, albeit temporarily. I am trying hard to keep to my passion alive and fresh. Theatre is also a passion and especially true of Shakespeare. There's something special about the Great Bard himself and his writing. Needless to say, it's going to be a busy month. Good!

I am going to find my balance this week, Dear Readers; get myself back on track and NOT skip my French class again. :-) I am going to review Disney's, "Reluctant Dragon" (I was review Saturday, which didn't happen). And working on my WIP's finally. It will happen, I promise! I am in charge of me, my life; even when I have a rough week, or a a bad day. Tomorrow is always a chance to make it (life) better!

Have a great week, Dear Readers! Be good to each other, help each other out, and make some good choices to make the world a better place. Thank you for sticking with me! You are why I do this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: