Here, There be a Writer

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

OctPoWriMo Days #2 and 3

Talking the theme of fears for this month, works really well, as I have had a full year of fears, tears, anger, and the like. It is turning into a bit of therapy as I dive in. I am doing some of these prompts out of order, as I don't always feel inspired when the Pantoym prompt came out. I love pantoums though. Their ability to tell a story within the confines of the prom is natural for me. also, I also, love haiku. Haiku are super easy to write.

Today's fare is haiku for day 2 and pantoum for day 3. The pantoum is based on a lot of what I have been feeling lately, and it's been very therapeutic to write it.

Haiku:


Pantoum:

Battle Fears

Feel the sharp pain,
A reminder of mistakes--
Don't want to remember,
Like a bad dream.

A reminder of mistakes
Could it happen again?
Like a bad dream,
Turning up in my head.

Could it happen again?
A whirlwind of images, 
Turning up in my head
And I cannot sleep.

A whirlwind of images
And I am now dizzy
And I cannot sleep
As the tears shower my face.

And I ask now dizzy,
Don't want to remember
As the tears shower my face.
Feel the sharp pain.

10/3/2023
~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, time for Inktober/Artsnacks prompt, path and books. I had fun drawing this one and colouring it in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: