Here, There be a Writer

Friday, October 30, 2015

OctPoWriMo: Senses

Maybe it is the 2 hour nap I took this morning, after the furnace guys came to measure the house. I was tried Tardis Hum coming from my computer. Its my favourite sound to write to. I think it syncs up to my algorithms and keeps me mellow. Anyway, I set to writing the second to last poem for OctPoWriMo 2015.
and I think not getting good quality sleep the last two/three nights.  So now with the nap behind me and the coffee in front I can settle into my work. There is

Funny, while I feel glad to be winding down as I wrote, a sadness overcame me. I guess yesterday's prompt is still with me. And since tomorrow is Halloween I was feeling in the spirit. Something made me want to write a Halloween poem, but then something else wanted to write a poem in the style of Edgar Allan Poe.

I did not settle.

I wrote both.

Happy Halloween ~AND~ Blessed Samhain!!!



Poetry Prompt: Your prompt today is to write a poem that incorporates each of the senses (Or I guess if you want, focus in on one of them?) Free for all on the form, but go one by one with see, feel, smell, hear, and taste. Tell me a story or tell me a memory. Really put the reader into that fleeting moment of life so that in every way those words are alive. Let them be the truth of the moment.

Sight, Smell, Hearing, Touch, and Taste

Word Prompts:  Present, Icy, Embers, Moonlight

Sentence prompts: Then it hit me like...
The breeze came through the window...
I love...
Into the puddle...

Poetic Prompt: Pleiades and Trolaan

Trip of Treating

Within silver moonlight,
I can see and hear sounds
of ghosts and goblins 'round.
Smell of wetted leaves, I
touch the velvet folds of 
my cloak imagining
the hot cup of cocoa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Upon a Midnight...

Through the window, open wide it stood--
black night I see and where spirits roam.
Hear the hoot owl cry across inky velvet wood
and feel cold within the confines of my home.

Hasten now to bring fire to life--
have you flint and tinder to strike a spark.
Heavenly is the scent of sulfur rife,
haven's here inside while outside it is stark.

Advantage here we have here today--
and on this night when lurking monsters near
allow me one moment here to stay
awhile as we prepare against the dread night, Dear.

Do not let your fears take to flight,
Darling, now to give you rest,
determined to make this night,
Drink my love and taste this twice hot chocolate blessed.

OctPoWriMo is a month long challenge, 31 poems in 31 days. Beware and enter the Blog Hop at your own risk.

I found these whilst looking for something Halloweenie to post. Poe is one of my favourite poet and writer of all times. Enjoy these adaptations and my own poem, Dear Readers:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note: